As an entrepreneur in the software-as-a-service space, you know that a high-converting landing page is essential for the success of your business. Your landing page is the first impression for potential customers and can make or break whether they decide to sign up for your service. Creating an effective SaaS landing page in 2023 requires an understanding of the latest design trends and elements that resonate most with your target audience. This guide provides practical tips and examples to help you build one of the best SaaS landing pages of 2023. By following the advice here on copy, visuals, and user experience, you'll be well on your way to boosting your conversion rates and growing your customer base. The key is to keep your page clean and simple while highlighting the key benefits and features of your product. With the right landing page, your SaaS business can scale new heights in the coming year.
If you are looking to build an iOS landing page, check out our article on how to build an iOS landing page with no code.
Why You Need a Dedicated SaaS Landing Page
As a SaaS company, having a dedicated landing page is crucial for converting visitors into customers. Here are a few reasons why you need to invest in an optimized SaaS landing page:
- It focuses your message. A specialized landing page allows you to craft content that speaks directly to your target audience and the product or service you want to highlight. You can hone in on the key benefits, features, and values that will resonate most with potential customers.
- It leads to higher conversion rates. With a targeted message and clear call-to-action, landing pages convert at a much higher rate than your general website. Studies show that dedicated landing pages can increase conversion rates by up to 200-400% compared to directing traffic to your homepage.
- It generates quality leads. The visitors who do convert on your landing page are highly qualified leads since they have expressed interest in your specific offering. These leads are primed to move further down your sales funnel.
- It improves user experience. A dedicated landing page provides a simple, streamlined experience for visitors interested in your product or content offer. There are no distractions from your main website navigation or other content.
- It enables A/B testing. You can easily create multiple versions of your landing page to experiment with different headlines, copy, images, or calls-to-action. Then see which page resonates most with your audience by analyzing conversion and click-through rates. The insights you gain can help optimize all your marketing content.
In today’s competitive market, a customized landing page is a must-have for any SaaS business. Take the time to build a dedicated page for your solution or service, and you’ll gain an advantage for connecting with and converting your target customers.
Elements of a Great SaaS Landing Page
To convert visitors into customers, your SaaS landing page needs to effectively communicate the value of your product. The elements of a high-converting landing page include:
- A clear headline. Your headline should capture the product’s key benefit and the target audience. For example, “The Simplest Way for Startups to Build a Website.”
- Compelling copy. Your copy should highlight the key features, benefits, and solutions of your product. Explain how your product solves your customers’ problems in a straightforward yet compelling way. Use simple language and break up long blocks of text with subheadings.
- Strong visuals. Include images and graphics to demonstrate how your product works. For a SaaS product, consider screenshots, gifs, explainer videos, and customer testimonials. These help visitors visualize using your product.
- A prominent call-to-action. Your CTA should encourage visitors to sign up for a trial or demo. Place the CTA prominently on the page, such as at the top and bottom. For example, “Start Your Free 30-Day Trial” or “Request a Demo.”
- Social proof. Build trust by including logos of your well-known customers, a customer testimonial, case studies, or reviews and ratings. This shows your solution is trusted and valued by others.
- A simple and uncluttered design. Remove any elements that aren’t directly related to converting visitors. Use plenty of white space and align elements in a clean grid structure. Your page should be easy to read and navigate.
- Mobile-optimized. With so much web traffic now coming from mobile devices, your landing page needs to display well on smaller screens. Use large text, buttons, and spacing.
By implementing these key elements, you'll have a SaaS landing page that converts casual visitors into customers. Continuously test and optimize your page for the best results.
Landing Pages for SaaS B2B examples in 2023
A effective SaaS landing page has a clear call-to-action (CTA) that prompts the visitor to sign up for a free trial or demo. The CTA should be prominently placed at the top of the page, with simple and compelling copy like “Start your free trial today” or “Request a demo now”.
Showcase Your Product
At the center of the page, feature screenshots and a video demonstrating how your product works. Keep text brief, focusing on key benefits and features. Use visuals like icons to draw attention to important points. For B2B SaaS, focus on business outcomes, time savings, and ROI.
Include testimonials, case studies, reviews, and ratings from current customers. Mention well-known company clients and logos. This social proof builds credibility and trust in your offering.
A FAQ section addresses common questions from visitors and helps overcome objections. Questions might include “Is there a free trial?” “What features are included?” and “How much does your product cost?”. Keep answers concise, friendly, and focused on the benefits.
For B2B SaaS, a pricing table or page is essential. Provide details on packages, features, storage amounts, number of users, and any add-ons. Be transparent about costs to build trust. Offer a free trial or demo for the highest plan to allow customers to experience the full value.
- Use of headings, bullet points, and numbered lists for easy scanning
- Inclusion of related terms such as: product demo, ROI, B2B, SaaS, free trial, pricing table, FAQ, social proof, call-to-action
- Respectful, professional tone focusing on benefits and outcomes
Following these best practices will create a compelling SaaS landing page that drives more high-quality leads and conversions for your business. Focus on showing how you solve key customer pain points through social proof, clear CTAs, and a product demonstration. A well-designed landing page is the first step to startup success.
How to Choose the Right Page Builder for Your SaaS Business
To build an effective SaaS landing page in 2023, choosing the right page builder is crucial. As a SaaS business owner, you need a flexible, user-friendly builder that allows you to create high-converting pages without technical skills. Some factors to consider when evaluating options include:
Look for a page builder with drag and drop functionality, pre-made templates, and design flexibility. It should have elements like:
- Contact forms
- Email opt-in forms
- FAQ sections
- Pricing tables
A page builder with these features will allow you to create landing pages optimized for lead generation and conversions.
Ease of Use
The page builder should be intuitive and easy to use for non-technical marketers and business owners. Options include:
- Drag and drop interface: Simply drag and drop elements to build your page.
- Pre-made templates: Choose from professional templates and customize as needed.
- Visual editor: See changes in real-time without coding.
- No coding required: Build pages without needing HTML, CSS or other skills.
An easy to use page builder will save you time and money. You won't need to hire a web developer to make changes or build new pages.
Look for a page builder that integrates with your current marketing and sales tools like email services, CRMs, payment processors, and more. Some important integrations for SaaS companies include:
- Email marketing services: Connect to send automated emails to leads and customers.
- CRMs: Pass lead and customer data directly to your CRM.
- Payment gateways: Accept one-time and recurring payments on your landing pages.
- Analytics: Track key metrics like page views, time on page, and conversion rates.
Integrating your page builder with the rest of your marketing and sales stack will create a seamless customer experience and allow you to optimize based on data.
Consider both the features offered as well as the pricing model. Look for an affordable option, ideally with a free trial so you can evaluate if it meets your needs. Common pricing models for page builders include monthly subscriptions, annual subscriptions with discounts, and one-time lifetime access fees. Choose the model that fits your budget and requirements.
In summary, the ideal page builder for your SaaS business will depend on your specific needs, technical skills, and budget. Evaluate options based on functionality, ease of use, integrations, and pricing to find a solution that will allow you to build high-quality, optimized landing pages.
Why We Built Unicorn Platform: A New Page Builder for Startups
As the founders of Unicorn Platform, we built this simple landing page builder to empower startups and SaaS companies to create high-converting landing pages without needing to code.
We designed Unicorn Platform to be extremely easy to use with an intuitive drag and drop interface. No technical skills are required to build a professional landing page. This allows you to focus on your messaging and content rather than learning how to code.
For more information on top free AI website makers for 2023 and the latest tools to help you create your website for free, check out this article on the Unicorn Platform blog: Top Free AI Website Makers for 2023: Create Your Website for Free. Learn about the latest website building solutions and how they can benefit your startup or business.
While Unicorn Platform is simple to use, it also provides robust customization options. You have full control over:
- Page layouts and sections
- Color palettes
- Image filters and overlays
- Forms and email marketing integrations
- And more
You can create a landing page that matches your brand and resonates with your audience. ### Integrations
Unicorn Platform seamlessly integrates with the tools you already use like email services, payment platforms, and CRMs. Connecting your landing pages to your marketing and sales stacks creates a cohesive customer experience and a streamlined business workflow.
We believe that powerful yet simple tools should be accessible to companies of all sizes. Unicorn Platform has plans for startups and enterprises alike at pricing that won't break the bank. You can start for free and scale up as your needs evolve.
We are dedicated to frequently updating Unicorn Platform based on customer feedback and the latest web design trends. You will always have access to the newest features, page elements, integrations and more to build high-quality landing pages that get results.
In summary, we built Unicorn Platform to provide an easy, affordable and customizable solution for creating optimized landing pages. The simple yet robust features, seamless integrations and ongoing product updates allow you to focus on your business growth. Let us handle the technical details so you can build your startup.
How to Create Best SaaS Landing Pages 2023 in 3 Simple Steps
To create the best SaaS landing pages in 2023, follow these three simple steps:
Focus on Your Value Proposition
Your value proposition should be front and center on your landing page. Clearly articulate the key benefits and solutions your product offers to customers. Use compelling language and visuals to grab visitors’ attention immediately. Some examples of a strong value proposition for a SaaS product include:
- “All-in-one project management software to streamline your workflow.”
- “Robust customer service platform to deliver amazing support experiences.”
- “Powerful marketing automation tool to attract, engage, and delight your customers.”
Showcase Your Product
Use images, screenshots, GIFs or video to demonstrate how your product works. Give visitors a quick tour of the key features and functionality. This helps overcome objections and builds excitement about using your solution. For SaaS, include shots of the dashboard, settings, integrations, and any unique capabilities. Keep this visual content clean, simple, and focused on the most essential parts of your product.
Offer a Strong CTA
Your call-to-action is a visitor’s opportunity to become a customer. Offer a free trial, demo, or consultation to get them engaged with your product. The CTA should be highly visible, with compelling copy that motivates the visitor to take the next step. For example, “Start your 14-day free trial now!” or “Schedule a live demo with our team!” Be sure to ask for minimal information to get the prospect into your sales funnel.
Following these best practices for creating SaaS landing pages will lead to higher conversion rates, more signups, and new customers for your business. Focusing on your value proposition, showcasing your product visually, and offering a strong call-to-action are the keys to landing page success. Keep optimizing and improving your pages over time based on key metrics to achieve maximum results.
Landing Page Best Practices to Boost Your Conversion Rates
To boost conversion rates on your SaaS landing pages in 2023, following these best practices:
Optimize Page Load Speed
Focus on Benefits
Clearly articulate the benefits and solutions your product provides. Use bullet points or numbered lists to make key benefits scannable. Explain how you will solve customer pain points and make their lives easier.
Build Trust and Social Proof
Include client logos, testimonials, case studies, customer reviews, media mentions, awards, certifications, and security badges to build trust and credibility. Social proof shows potential customers that others use and value your product.
Simplify Your Message
Keep your message simple, clear and concise. Have a single, compelling call-to-action above the fold on desktop and mobile. Remove any unnecessary copy, images, tabs or links that could distract visitors.
Mobile-Friendly and Responsive Design
With more and more web traffic coming from mobile devices, your landing page must be fully responsive and mobile-friendly. Use a mobile-first approach when designing and building your page. Test how it displays on multiple devices to ensure an optimal experience.
Your CTA should be prominently placed above the fold, using an eye-catching button or link. The CTA copy should be compelling, highlighting the key benefit or value proposition to motivate visitors to take action. Offer a free trial or demo to reduce barriers to signup.
Continuously test different versions of your landing page to find the most effective one. Test things like copy, images, form fields, CTAs, page layouts, and more. Even small changes can lead to significant improvements in conversion rates. Use the data to optimize your page for the best results.
Following these best practices for SaaS landing pages will boost your conversion rates and turn more visitors into customers. Focus on speed, benefits, trust, simplicity, mobile-friendliness, a strong CTA, and ongoing optimization through A/B testing. Apply these principles to take your SaaS landing pages to the next level in 2023.
FAQs: Common Questions About Creating and Optimizing Landing Pages with Unicorn Platform
What types of landing pages can I create with Unicorn Platform?
Unicorn Platform offers templates for a variety of landing page types to suit your needs. You can easily create:
- Coming soon or pre-launch landing pages to build anticipation for a new product or service launch.
- Services landing pages to highlight the key features and benefits of your offering.
- Product landing pages to sell a physical product or software.
- Lead generation landing pages to capture visitor information through forms.
- Sales funnel pages to nurture leads through an educational journey.
- App landing pages to promote a mobile or web app.
- Event landing pages to sell tickets or promote an upcoming conference or webinar.
How do I optimize my landing pages for search engines (SEO)?
To optimize your landing pages for search engine ranking, be sure to:
- Include important keywords in your page title, headings, content, image alt text, and meta description. Choose keywords that your target audience is searching for.
- Make your headings easy to read by using the heading sizes from H1 to H3. The H1 heading should contain your primary keyword.
- Include internal links between related pages or posts on your website. This helps search engines discover all of your content.
- Add metadata like page titles, meta descriptions, alt image text and page URLs that contain keywords. This provides more context for search engines.
- Build high-quality backlinks to your landing pages from other authoritative sites. This signals to search engines that your content is valuable.
- Ensure your landing pages load quickly by optimizing images and keeping file sizes small. Fast page speed is a ranking factor for search engines.
- Track how people interact with your landing pages to make improvements that will increase time on page and decrease bounce rates. Engagement metrics influence search rankings.
- Continuously add fresh content to your landing pages to give search engines a reason to revisit and reindex the pages. New content is rewarded in rankings.
- Submit your landing pages to Google Search Console to speed up the indexing process. This allows search engines to discover your new content more quickly.
- Perform on-page SEO audits regularly to identify any issues preventing high search rankings. Make fixes to maintain or improve your positions.
SaaS Landing Page Checklist: Are You Ready to Launch?
To ensure your SaaS landing page is ready to launch and convert visitors into customers, review this checklist.
Clear Value Proposition
Does your landing page clearly articulate your product or service's value proposition? Your value proposition should be front and center, with a strong headline and subheading that speaks to your target customer's needs and pain points.
Is your copy focused on the key benefits and outcomes your solution provides, rather than just features? Use persuasive copy to highlight the most compelling benefits of your offering. Consider using statistics, customer stories, images, and videos to bring your benefits to life.
Do you have a prominent call-to-action button for visitors to sign up or purchase? The CTA should be attention-grabbing, using an accent color and compelling copy like “Start Your Free Trial” or “Buy Now.” Ensure the CTA is above the fold so visitors see it immediately.
Optimized for Mobile
Is your landing page responsive and mobile-optimized? With more and more web traffic coming from mobile devices, your landing page needs to display properly on smartphones and tablets. Test how your page looks on multiple devices and make necessary adjustments.
A/B Testing Capabilities
Do you have the ability to run A/B tests on your landing page to optimize conversion rates? Even small changes to elements like headlines, images, button copy or page layout can significantly impact conversions. A/B testing different versions of your page allows you to determine the combination that converts best.
Have you installed analytics software to track key metrics like page views, time on page, bounce rate and conversions? Understanding how people interact with your landing page will inform optimization efforts and allow you to make data-driven decisions about improvements to drive more signups and sales.
Following this checklist will help ensure your SaaS landing page is primed and ready to achieve maximum impact and performance. Continuously optimizing and improving your landing page over time, based on feedback and metrics, will help boost your visitor-to-customer conversion rates and support your business growth.
To build a successful SaaS landing page in 2023, keep your content focused, concise, and visually compelling. With a simple yet powerful landing page builder like Unicorn Platform, you have all the tools you need to create an effective page that converts visitors into customers. Don't be afraid to test variations to optimize the page for your target audience. Building the best SaaS landing pages requires an investment of time and resources, but the reward of increased signups and sales will make that investment worthwhile. Keep these tips in mind as you set out to create a stellar landing page that achieves your business goals. With hard work and the right tools, you'll be well on your way to landing page success.